Thursday, February 16, 2006

Genentech to Colon Cancer Patients: BOHICA!

Well really it’s not their colon cancer patients they’re telling to bend over but their new-found breast and lung cancer patients they want to grab their ankles.

Genentech had its drug Avastin (bevacizumab), a monoclonal antibody for Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) which prevents the growth of new blood vessels to cancerous tumors, approved for the treatment of colon cancer in 2004. Currently Genentech is selling $1 billion per year of Avastin and recent trials have shown that Avastin may also be effective at extending the lives of breast and lung cancer patients. To celebrate the good news Genentech announced it is doubling the price of Avastin for breast and lung cancer patients.

It seems that the smart guys and gals at Genentech and their partner Roche have found that when people's lives are at stake there is considerable price inelasticity of demand for the drugs needed to keep them alive.

"As we look at Avastin and Herceptin pricing, right now the health economics hold up, and therefore I don't see any reason to be touching them," said William M. Burns, the chief executive of Roche's pharmaceutical division and a member of Genentech's board. "The pressure on society to use strong and good products is there."

I see. The “pressure on society” is there, so it’s perfectly O.K. for you to charge whatever you like for your product. A product developed with significant expenditure of public research dollars. A product for which you hold a state enforced monopoly in the form of patents. A product that only extends cancer patients lives an average of 5 months. A product currently involved in 94 clinical trials for nearly two dozen different cancers. A product expected to reach $7 billion in sales by 2009. A product you set a price for in colon cancer patients that would recoup your R&D costs and earn you a hefty profit on your product. Why is it necessary to charge twice as much for the same product in breast and lung cancer patients?

Could it be because you’re greedy pigs?
















http://www.pigpalssanctuary.com/pictures/piggie.htm

I do have one question for you piggies: What makes you different than a hostage taker demanding a ransom?

The only blog inspired by a Bumper Sticker.

Comments on "Genentech to Colon Cancer Patients: BOHICA!"

 

Blogger Anayo said ... (10/23/2019 2:49 AM) : 

ARE YOU AWARE THAT MODERN NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES OF THIS GENERATION NOW PERMANENTLY CURE DRUG RESISTANT DISEASES LIKE; HSV/HERPES, CANCERS, HIV/AIDS, ERECTILE DISJUNCTION/ IMPOTENCY, DIABETES FOREVER WITHOUT A POSSIBLE COME BACK OR AFTER EFFECTS?
It wonderfully worked for me;
At first I was a bit skeptical about this Natural cure for herpes and other similar medicines. Discovering people with similar symptoms who are treated and cured by Dr Utu both on medias and in social medias on daily basis motivated me, so I contacted him for help!
At first, I was a bit curious about this possible cure, but! I don't want to be left out without giving it a trial, so I contacted him as well.
Some hours later he replied me, then he asked me some private questions, of which I honestly answered, I told him how I have lived and suffered with this disease and how much I will do anything to get rid of it. He assured me of total cure after taking his herbal medicines. It was even more easier than I expected. Also I never even imagined to get my parcels within five working days, but to my greatest surprise my parcels was brought to my doorstep by the end of the second day. I collected the parcel which I followed all the instructions as he had directed. Just as I was told "four weeks medication " my medicine finished in four weeks exactly. From week one of my medication I started noticing positive change in health. and in week two I could tell much more differences and I was so eager to even testify of life again in me.
I patiently continue medication till the last bottle which was then week four. I was the first person the next day in the clinic for lab test. Not even a particle of herpes was found in my system when I collected my result. Knowing I'm now herpes negative at this point I proceeded to inform my doctor, he doubted me, that day he gave me a month appointment to be closely monitored. It's my health so I waited more six Months and again i went for 'lab test' in a different clinical lab.
This time the result was still the same as the previous one. Also since this year I have been living my normal life and am still herpes free no symptoms and even till now no cold sore or outbreak. As a result of this herbal cure in my life and my family at large, I can boast of doctors today who through me, now uses African Traditional Roots and Herbs to TREAT AND CURE patients that are, CANCERS, HERPES, PARALYSIS, and HIV successfully today. Many are still ignorant of this I know.
Contact Dr Utu directly today on; "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com" to free yourself from emotional stress and become healthy again

 

post a comment
CrispAds Blog Ads

Google
Enter a long URL to make tiny: