Monday, February 13, 2006

Pure IDiocy!

I realize that there comes a point of diminishing returns when criticizing and making fun of the intellectually vacuous propaganda that is "Intelligent Design". But I just can't help myself.

Pharma Bawd made me go there to tell her what they were up to, and I saw this:



Aarrghh!!! Of course! Why didn't I notice that models of DNA are designed before now? It's so obvious now that I've had the blinders of Darwinian orthodoxy taken from my eyes...

Lets see what else may be an artifact of design.

I think we can all agree that a soccer ball is designed


But, what about a Bucky Ball?


Sure, this model is designed just like the model of the DNA in the ID throw pillow (really? a throw pillow?) but is the molecule itself designed? Of course not, it's formed as a by-product of burning carbon. There's nothing there but very cool chemistry. Where is the Intelligent Design vs. Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion theory of molecular structure? I mean it's just a theory afterall.

On a side note, I did learn that Bill DembskiDave Scot grows his own Japanese culinary mushrooms in semi-sterile conditions in his lab. That's a pretty cool "science" thing to do. I'm building a laminar flow hood in my shed so I can do sterile culture propagation of orchids myself. So, BillDave and I do share some common ground. We're both geeks.

The only blog inspired by a Bumper Sticker.

Comments on "Pure IDiocy!"

 

Blogger Karl Haro von Mogel said ... (2/14/2006 11:07 AM) : 

Actually, DaveScot is the one who is pursuing the mushroom-cultivation hobby. What a strange twist of reality it is, David Scott Springer declaring himself a mushroom-growing geek with knowledgeability?

 

Blogger Dr. Roy Hinkley said ... (2/14/2006 6:06 PM) : 

Thanks, I'll edit that.

It's the big picture of the "Isaac Newton of Information Theory" at the top of the page, makes me think everything is coming from him.

Who is Dave Scot anyway? Just a Dembski fan or what?

He's obviously neither a mycologist nor a geneticist given his IDiotic interpretation of his mushrooms' senescence.

"The colony is basically trying to learn how to digest glass. Rapid mutation of digestive enzymes without success eventually leads to production of enzymes which digest the vv colony itself."

(He added that later or I would have ridiculed him at length.)

 

Blogger Karl Haro von Mogel said ... (2/15/2006 2:29 PM) : 

DaveScot is a long-time internet troll, a retired computer programmer/engineer who has been kicked off of almost every blog for threatening people with bodily harm and other lovely acts of stupidity. If you want to learn more about him, try doing searches for him on Panda's Thumb.
Today, he's the "blog czar" of Dembski's blog, check the January archives for Uncommon Descent and you can see how bad it really gets.

As for his knowledgeability, he seems to understand some concepts in biology, but keeps repeating old fallacies and disproven claims. He also likes to call famous biologists "girly men," and so, has won Dembski's approval and control of the blog when he quit in December.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/02/2019 3:40 AM) : 

My name is Michelle. my 19 year old daughter, jane, was diagnosed of herpes 2 years ago. ever since then,we have been going from one hospital to the other. We tried all sorts of pills but all efforts to get rid of the virus was futile.
The blisters kept on reappearing after some months. My daughter was making use of Acyclovir tablets 200mg. 2 tablets every 6hours and fusitin cream 15grams. and H5 POT. Permanganate with water to be applied 2x a day but all still show no result. So I was on the internet some months back, to sought for any other means of saving my only child. just then,i came across a comment on dr.ugo's herbal treatment and decided to give it a try. i contacted the doctor and he prepared some herbs and sent it to me together with guidelines on how to use the herbs. my daughter used it as directed and in less than 14days,my daughter regained her health.. You should contact Dr.Ugo today directly on his email address for any kind of health challenge you may have: ugoherbalhome@gmail.com..+23481049906198

 

Blogger Scofio morgan said ... (3/01/2023 1:02 PM) : 


Eliminate Herpes simplex virus (HSV) forever..through herbal means…💯💯💯💯💯

This herbal Doctor has a new development on herpes virus,

certainly the best online…

Thank you!! for saving my life

Email:Robinsonbuckler((@yahoo.com))…………

 

post a comment
CrispAds Blog Ads

Google
Enter a long URL to make tiny: